Mr. Tamborine Man



A couple of years ago I had to take the train (we call it BART here in the bay area) to get to work. I observed a busker playing guitar and singing. He had percussion instruments on his feet, like a mini tamborine and some other bells of sorts. He had a booming voice and he was very moving. He was clearly a professional. He played it all, Dylan, indie pop…

He was tall, lanky with bright red hair, and leather boots. I proceeded to stalk him like a creep - sike! I did stop by from time to time to say hello and tip the jar. I then proceeded to make little envelopes for him with little fortunes from fortune cookies, I would add guitar picks, and cash. 

I did the little gifts for a while, even though I KNOW I AM CRINGE. I was going through a lot and needed a harmless distraction and he didn’t mind. One day I told him that I sing too, and he invited me to sing with him. I thought that was so gracious ‘cause he didn’t even know if I could actually sing.

Fast forward to now we are friends and go to open mics. He even kept my gifted trinkets! This is the beginning of me getting back into singing and performing and I am so excited! ! I’m grateful to be meeting humble, positive people that are encouraging. 


HECK YEAH! 













Greetings! This is a small blog about random topics, unofficial and laid back! **If you like my little blog and want to support me: Paypal - @latona84 🙏🏽 Chime - $Sonia-Lopez-59 😌 buymeacoffee.com/tona11 ☕️ Cash.app - /$toabajalife 💸 THANK YOU! : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The year so far

Stabbing at SF General