Greetings! This is a small blog about random topics, unofficial and laid back!
**If you like my little blog and want to support me: Paypal - @latona84 🙏🏽
Chime - $Sonia-Lopez-59 😌
buymeacoffee.com/tona11 ☕️
Cash.app - /$toabajalife 💸
THANK YOU! : )
Beautiful Music I like
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Lately I’ve been enjoying this artist I found on Youtube:
This year has been horrific depending on who you ask. I feel devastated and angry about what the government is doing to us via ICE (custom enforcement goons) Blood has been spilling for years in the name of white supremacy but now I think more and more people are seeing it for the first time and its frightening them. The way I am coping is tying to remain clear-headed. Trying to remember not to numb or delute my pain, but rather face it and alchemize it. Transform it into art. I am trying to keep busy playing guitar and singing- listening to live music everywhere I can. Take care, everyone. Protect your peace and remember to take breaks from the news cycles. The U.S. is really going through it right now. Nothing new, just more in other demographic’s face, as a white U.S. citizen (woman) was murdered in Minnesota recently. Here I go playing guitar: https://youtube.com/shorts/Jc8IKvskG-k?si=cbDDoPgnHD2V4m3z ✌🏽
A couple of years ago I had to take the train (we call it BART here in the bay area) to get to work. I observed a busker playing guitar and singing. He had percussion instruments on his feet, like a mini tamborine and some other bells of sorts. He had a booming voice and he was very moving. He was clearly a professional. He played it all, Dylan, indie pop… He was tall, lanky with bright red hair, and leather boots. I proceeded to stalk him like a creep - sike! I did stop by from time to time to say hello and tip the jar. I then proceeded to make little envelopes for him with little fortunes from fortune cookies, I would add guitar picks, and cash. I did the little gifts for a while, even though I KNOW I AM CRINGE. I was going through a lot and needed a harmless distraction and he didn’t mind. One day I told him that I sing too, and he invited me to sing with him. I thought that was so gracious ‘cause he didn’t even know if I could actually sing. Fast forward to now we ar...
Dec 7th update: The woman that was stabbed died. :( I just read an article about a social worker that got stabbed by a patient. The workers at the hospital were scared of the patient and warned higher ups before someone got stabbed. This reminds me of a time where I also was afraid of someone that I saw being violent at my workplace before. When I raised concerns I was fired. I hope the person that got stabbed recovers fully. This could have been prevented. The patient was targeting a doctor but got a lady that came to help him in his own language. https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/general-hospital-social-worker-stabbed-arrest-sf-21225953.php?utm_content=cta&sid=6661d9693e7921ec640c57e2&ss=A&st_rid=a8f5a347-8d28-4342-a291-8f42bc546e81&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=alert&utm_campaign=sfcn%20%7C%20news%20alerts
Comments
Post a Comment