Child Performers

 


On a small scale, I was a child performer. It was for the church, and of course I don’t remember it well because I was disassociated the whole time. Just alone up there singing on a stage, not knowing what the hell I was truly singing about. 


I was watching this youtuber speak on Ariana Grande and her life, the fact that she was a child performer and how sometimes kid performers don’t have the chance to create an identity of their own. The video talked about what that looks like when the kid grows up. The youtuber spoke about the fight, flight and freeze (fawn) reaction that traumatized people have. The speaker said that it seems like Ariana does a lot of fawning to cope and to relate to people. She can shape shift into whatever she needs to be to adapt and get along. 


I will try to find the video I was watching to link it here… 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6j2Y3RTJ8s


but yeah, it got me thinking. I truly think kids need to be able to grow up like kids to avoid damage.


Thats all. Thanks for reading. 








Greetings! This is a small blog about random topics, unofficial and laid back! **If you like my little blog and want to support me: Paypal - @latona84 πŸ™πŸ½ Chime - $Sonia-Lopez-59 😌 buymeacoffee.com/tona11 ☕️ Cash.app - /$toabajalife πŸ’Έ THANK YOU! :

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The year so far

Mr. Tamborine Man

Stabbing at SF General