Some thoughts on how I deal with living with PTSD:


First things is first: learn how to let yourself feel your feelings. Easier said than done for some. Some people were shamed so hard when they showed emotion, that they trained themselves to not feel what they feel. Sometimes I’d have people tell me that I don’t like something or tell me that I seem angry or sad, and I couldn’t recognize it myself for a while. Sometimes I could come up against a wall and come up blank and have to give up. A professional could help   With this, I would go with a licensed professional. 


Get diagnosed if you feel you have some of the symptoms or if you know you went through something that left you feeling not quite yourself. 


Next thing I would say is: your home life is everything. Even if you can’t help the stress of work, you can try to build a space that is conducive to healing, a place where you can rest. Rest is tricky, because it’s hard to chill and take naps when alarms are blaring and it’s your nervous system that’s is on fire. 


Addiction: If this is part of your life, I’d say try to address that as best as possible. Easier said than done, but it is what it is. The addiction can be hereditary or stem from early life experiences - nature or nurture it still needs to be addressed as soon as the person with the addiction(s) is ready and willing.


I would say, get into a routine. Same shit everyday to a degree. Something that helped me was (when I could) getting into my hobbies like singing, and playing guitar. Being around kids and being like a cool auntie has helped me tremendously. I try to listen to my body and let it sleep when it needs to ,etc. I had to let go of the super capitalist attitude of having my productivity be attached to my worth as a person. 


More personal thoughts and ideas to come! 
















Greetings! This is a small blog about random topics, unofficial and laid back! **If you like my little blog and want to support me: Paypal - @latona84 ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ Chime - $Sonia-Lopez-59 ๐Ÿ˜Œ buymeacoffee.com/tona11 ☕️ Cash.app - /$toabajalife ๐Ÿ’ธ THANK YOU! : )


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The year so far

Mr. Tamborine Man

Stabbing at SF General