Paying for Therapy
On a break from Therapy.
I didn’t want this, it just happened when I lost my job and couldn’t pay the bill. 💵
Growing up no one took the time to listen to my pain, my tears made the grown ups annoyed. I was always too much, too senstive… So I pay a white lady to listen and to help me make sense of narcissistic child abuse.
But No Ticket No Laundry. This is America, and your healthcare might not cover your therapy and you may have to pay out of pocket. That is if you even have health insurance. It is what it is, but it’s made me think a lot about PTSD. When soldiers come home for example, there is only so long that the people around them care. Don’t get me wrong, its not that friends and family can’t or won’t support the soldier, but I’m just starting to realize how truly no one cares what happened when I a few months old, or what happened when I was 9 or what happened when I was 14. No one truly cares after a while… but the soldier is still reeling. What a lonely experience!
Comments
Post a Comment